TimeSpy: D3D12 debug layer errors

I have tried to turn on debug layer in DirectX control panel and I saw many of the following two kinds of errors when running Time Spy. Although these do not seem to affect actual rendering I think they are meant to be fixed:

D3D12 ERROR: ID3D12CommandList::DrawIndexedInstanced: Root Parameter Index [9] is not set. On a Resource Binding Tier 2 hardware, all descriptor tables of type CBV and UAV declared in the currently set Root Signature (0x0000000004D0CF30:'Unnamed ID3D12RootSignature Object') must be populated, even if the shaders do not need the descriptor. [ EXECUTION ERROR #991: COMMAND_LIST_DESCRIPTOR_TABLE_NOT_SET]

D3D12 ERROR: ID3D12CommandQueue::ExecuteCommandLists: Using ResourceBarrier on Command List (0x0000000063194790:'build_illumination_commands') : Before state (0x10: D3D12_RESOURCE_STATE_DEPTH_WRITE) of resource (0x000000003A26E870:'shadow_map_array') (subresource: 0) specified by transition barrier does not match with the state (0xC0: D3D12_RESOURCE_STATE_NON_PIXEL_SHADER_RESOURCE|D3D 12_RESOURCE_STATE_PIXEL_SHADER_RESOURCE) specified in the previous call to ResourceBarrier [ RESOURCE_MANIPULATION ERROR #527: RESOURCE_BARRIER_BEFORE_AFTER_MISMATCH]

Futuremark Staff
    Forwarded this to the dev team. As I understand it, the debug layer was updated after Time Spy release, so these notifications from it were not there when Time Spy was released. Will inquire for more detail.

Futuremark Staff
    Got some info back; The debug layer errors in question do not cause any problem with current hardware or drivers, but they could, in theory, be an issue in the future. Also they did not show up prior to release of Time Spy - they came only because Microsoft updated DirectX bits after Time Spy launch.

We're looking into cleaning them up in a future update.
    Last edited by Jarnis; February 27, 2017 at 11:09.

Thanks for the update!

Futuremark Staff
    These are now fixed in 3DMark 2.3.3732 update.