Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11
    Senior Onion
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • Asus P8Z77-VPro
      • Chipset:
      • Z77
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770K
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • 4800Mhz
      • CPU Cooler:
      • Noctua NH-D14
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Dominator
      • Memory Speed:
      • 1600MHz
      • Video Card(s):
      • 2 x 280x
      • PSU:
      • 1000W Coolermaster
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7

    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    3,279
    Quote Originally posted by Raptor156 View Post
    I'd be suspicious of HP build quality/reliability personally. A guy at work had a higher end HP model and had some issues with it, but I don't remember the particulars. I think the Sager would be a better bet.

    And what on earth is with the price on that Falcon? Are they actually selling any of them? With a GTX 1060? lmao.
    This...

    The only thing worth buying from HP are their servers which are actually pretty solid.

  2. #12
    Master Onion
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • Asrock
      • Motherboard BIOS:
      • 0.0
      • Chipset:
      • Z77
      • CPU:
      • i5 6600k
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • 4.?
      • CPU Cooler:
      • Corsair H100i
      • Memory:
      • Corsair LPX
      • Memory Speed:
      • 3000
      • Video Card(s):
      • XFX 480 8GB
      • Video Card Speed:
      • Stock
      • PSU:
      • Season if 750 platnium
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • Samsung 840 250GB SSD
      • Optical Drives:
      • None
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 64bit

    Joined
    Dec 2002
    Location
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    Posts
    6,489
    Quote Originally posted by Purextc69 View Post
    This...

    The only thing worth buying from HP are their servers which are actually pretty solid.
    The switches are bulletproof too.

  3. #13
    Senior Onion
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • Asus P8Z77-VPro
      • Chipset:
      • Z77
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770K
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • 4800Mhz
      • CPU Cooler:
      • Noctua NH-D14
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Dominator
      • Memory Speed:
      • 1600MHz
      • Video Card(s):
      • 2 x 280x
      • PSU:
      • 1000W Coolermaster
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7

    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    3,279
    Quote Originally posted by FoodStampz View Post
    The switches are bulletproof too.
    Ah yes - good point forgot about those. Basically anything consumer from HP you stay away from lol.

  4. #14
    Veteran Firefly
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • MSI GT62VR 7RE
      • CPU:
      • i7 7700HQ
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Memory Speed:
      • DDR4
      • Video Card(s):
      • GTX 1070
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • Samsung 256GB SSD/Samsung 500GB SSD
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 Bit

    Joined
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,906
    Well,

    Had a change of heart, decided I need smaller/lighter. Found this beauty on sale, 1800$ down to 1500$-

    http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...Aluminum_Black

    Basically the same exact specs, just allot smaller and lighter. The sale helps too :). I'll be picking her up tommorow, throwing in my Samsung SSD and then diving in. This will be one of the biggest upgrades Ive ever had, real world gaming performance will triple. Pretty excited.

    Thanks for the help fellas!

    BTW, I was really close to buying one of the Alienwares, but the IPS/no gysnc or TN w/ Gysync just turned me off and I couldnt find anything that beat the deal on the MSI.

  5. #15
    Master Onion
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • ASRock X58 Extreme on Desktop. Lenovo Y470 Laptop as 2nd gaming machine/portable productivity.
      • Motherboard BIOS:
      • 2.90
      • Chipset:
      • X58
      • CPU:
      • I7 920
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • 3.8ghz
      • CPU Cooler:
      • Noctua NH-D14
      • Memory:
      • 12GB Kingston DDR3 1600
      • Memory Speed:
      • 1600mhz
      • Video Card(s):
      • Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 in SLI (2x)
      • Video Card Speed:
      • Stock core +64mhz Stock memory +105mhz
      • Sound Card:
      • FiiO E7 USB DAC/AMP
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • Crucial 256GB MX100, 3x SATA 1-2TB drives
      • Optical Drives:
      • 1x DVD burner
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    6,116
    Quote Originally posted by NeoAnti57 View Post
    Well,

    Had a change of heart, decided I need smaller/lighter. Found this beauty on sale, 1800$ down to 1500$-

    http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...Aluminum_Black

    Basically the same exact specs, just allot smaller and lighter. The sale helps too :). I'll be picking her up tommorow, throwing in my Samsung SSD and then diving in. This will be one of the biggest upgrades Ive ever had, real world gaming performance will triple. Pretty excited.

    Thanks for the help fellas!

    BTW, I was really close to buying one of the Alienwares, but the IPS/no gysnc or TN w/ Gysync just turned me off and I couldnt find anything that beat the deal on the MSI.
    I was just checking Alienware's website last night, and the Alienware 15 is now standard with a G-Sync IPS display, almost made me half regret getting the A13, lol.

    The MSI looks nice for the price too. The A15 would be a bit pricier. At least on Microcenter's site, I don't see that the MSI is g-sync, is it? It says IPS though.
    Last edited by Raptor156; February 24, 2017 at 06:49.

  6. #16
    Veteran Firefly
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • MSI GT62VR 7RE
      • CPU:
      • i7 7700HQ
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Memory Speed:
      • DDR4
      • Video Card(s):
      • GTX 1070
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • Samsung 256GB SSD/Samsung 500GB SSD
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 Bit

    Joined
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally posted by Raptor156 View Post
    I was just checking Alienware's website last night, and the Alienware 15 is now standard with a G-Sync IPS display, almost made me half regret getting the A13, lol.

    The MSI looks nice for the price too. The A15 would be a bit pricier. At least on Microcenter's site, I don't see that the MSI is g-sync, is it? It says IPS though.
    Yeah I researched, my trusted review sites confirmed gysnc and IPS. MSI site also says gsync. When I go to pick up laptop I'm gonna check out the Alienware's just to make sure I can live without one lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •