Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27
  1. #261
    Super Moderator
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • Asus Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • i7-6800K
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • Stock 3.6 Ghz
      • CPU Cooler:
      • Corsair H110i
      • Memory:
      • 64GB Corsair Dominator
      • Video Card(s):
      • Titan X Pascal
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova 1200 P2
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • 500GB EVO 850 OS and 2x 1TB EVO 850 Games
      • Optical Drives:
      • LG BD-RW
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10

    Joined
    Aug 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area CA, USA
    Posts
    11,614
    Quote Originally posted by Purextc69 View Post
    Just wondered if you had got any 4k ones that really stood out for you.
    Despicable Me, The Revenant, Logan, Deadpool, La La Land, Oblivion, and Lucy are some of my favorites, to name a few. Not all of them are eye-poppingly crazy with HDR or anything, more very accurate to what the DP and Director intended.

  2. #262
    Senior Onion
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • Asus P8Z77-VPro
      • Chipset:
      • Z77
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770K
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • 4800Mhz
      • CPU Cooler:
      • Noctua NH-D14
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Dominator
      • Memory Speed:
      • 1600MHz
      • Video Card(s):
      • 2 x 280x
      • PSU:
      • 1000W Coolermaster
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7

    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    3,368
    Thanks man.

    I tried out some scenes from The Revenant... Looked fantastic. Will have to sit and watch it all the way through at the weekend.

  3. #263
    Veteran Onion
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • Asus X99-Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 5960X
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • 4400 MHz
      • CPU Cooler:
      • EK Supremacy EVO
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Gskill Ripjaws DDR4 3000
      • Memory Speed:
      • 3200 MHz @ 14-15-15-35 1T
      • Video Card(s):
      • Palit Geforce GTX 1080
      • Video Card Speed:
      • very high
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX1200i
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • Crucial M550 1TB SSD
      • Optical Drives:
      • LG something
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10

    Joined
    Sep 2000
    Location
    currently in London, UK
    Posts
    4,333
    Quote Originally posted by mutelight View Post
    Despicable Me, The Revenant, Logan, Deadpool, La La Land, Oblivion, and Lucy are some of my favorites, to name a few. Not all of them are eye-poppingly crazy with HDR or anything, more very accurate to what the DP and Director intended.
    Oblivion must look gorgeous. The movie really lives from the atmospheric landscapes.

    My Panasonic LCD 1080p 3D projector is definitely faulty with that blue line going across the screen... But 4K projectors are still quite expensive. I'm gonna wait a little bit longer (and I need a job first heh) before I replace it.

  4. #264
    Super Moderator
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • Asus Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • i7-6800K
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • Stock 3.6 Ghz
      • CPU Cooler:
      • Corsair H110i
      • Memory:
      • 64GB Corsair Dominator
      • Video Card(s):
      • Titan X Pascal
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova 1200 P2
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • 500GB EVO 850 OS and 2x 1TB EVO 850 Games
      • Optical Drives:
      • LG BD-RW
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10

    Joined
    Aug 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area CA, USA
    Posts
    11,614
    Quote Originally posted by Dragonmike View Post
    Oblivion must look gorgeous. The movie really lives from the atmospheric landscapes.

    My Panasonic LCD 1080p 3D projector is definitely faulty with that blue line going across the screen... But 4K projectors are still quite expensive. I'm gonna wait a little bit longer (and I need a job first heh) before I replace it.
    Yeah Oblivion has a somewhat muted color palette but the WCG and HDR help liven it up a bit as well as the extra detail.

    There are a few 4K projectors out there that use pixel shifting (mainly by JVC) to get the extra resolution that are more reasonable in price but for one with native 4K, you are looking at $8k for an entry level one. Top of the line ones will run you $27k.

  5. #265
    Junior Proxycon Emperor
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • Asrock X79 Extreme6/GB
      • Chipset:
      • X79
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3930k
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • 4.2GHz
      • CPU Cooler:
      • Corsair Hydro H100
      • Memory:
      • 64GB (8GB reserved for RAM drive)
      • Memory Speed:
      • 1866
      • Video Card(s):
      • 2x GeForce GTX 970 4GB SLI
      • PSU:
      • 750W PCP&P Silencer (Red)
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • 256GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD + 240GB 830, 60GB OCZ SSD, 2x 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Black, 4TB SSHD
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8 Pro MCE

    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    10,305
    My Fifth Element 4k Steelbook shipped yesterday! This'll be my 3rd (legitimate) copy in as many formats, and I hear this version reveals a lot of small details that were previously unnoticeable. I'm about to pre-order the BB-exclusive Guardians 2 Steelbook which includes a 3D copy, and I'm preparing myself to be stunned.
    Last edited by Irontiger; July 14, 2017 at 15:33.

  6. #266
    Super Moderator
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • Asus Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • i7-6800K
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • Stock 3.6 Ghz
      • CPU Cooler:
      • Corsair H110i
      • Memory:
      • 64GB Corsair Dominator
      • Video Card(s):
      • Titan X Pascal
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova 1200 P2
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • 500GB EVO 850 OS and 2x 1TB EVO 850 Games
      • Optical Drives:
      • LG BD-RW
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10

    Joined
    Aug 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area CA, USA
    Posts
    11,614
    Quote Originally posted by Irontiger View Post
    My Fifth Element 4k Steelbook shipped yesterday! This'll be my 3rd (legitimate) copy in as many formats, and I hear this version reveals a lot of small details that were previously unnoticeable. I'm about to pre-order the BB-exclusive Guardians 2 Steelbook which includes a 3D copy, and I'm preparing myself to be stunned.
    You'll be happy with it, the artwork on it is neat too. On the second shot where it shows the desert I thought to myself "uh oh" but then when it switched to the shot of the kids and I could see the specular highlights in their eyes and and much cleaner image, I was relieved.

    I actually ordered the Guardians 2 Steelbook before the even had a product image up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •