My EVGA GTX 1080 FTW is not performing.

Hey guys. Basically, this is what I've dealt with for the last several days. I've tried everything I can find and have been advised to do. The only thing I can think of is my motherboard is going bad. The GPU will NOT run at base clocks. And I get weird jutter/stuttering in games even though I'm only using 1 GPU. It's only letting me hit ~200fps in CS:GO. My 760 beat this thing's ass. I'm only getting ~66 fps avg on the GTA V benchmark. I took the GPU over to a friend's house today to see if it was the GPU. It isn't. Came back with 23k graphics score and 1862 mhz base clock. This is what I've been getting on my machine. http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/15216813

I've done all driver sweeps and clean installs using DDU through safe mode, tested all RAM, each DIMM at a time in each slot and every combination in between. Hell, I even formatted my drives and reinstalled Windows 10 just to be on the safe side. I need guidance as I don't know what else to do before I either take it to a shop (yuck) or start buying new hardware. I've checked the BIOS to make sure it's running Gen 2 on the 16x slot. BIOS is up to date. Here are my specs. If you have any ideas on what to try, or if you just have an inkling as to what the issue is, I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks so much guys.

EVGA GTX 1080 FTW @stock clocks
    Gigabyte G.1 Sniper Z97
    i7 4770k @3.5ghz (stock)
    Hyper 212 Evo
    16gb of Mushkin Redline RAM @1333 (capable of 1866 but left stock for neutralization purposes)
    250gb Crucial SSD (where windows and CS:GO are installed)
    1tb WD Blue 7200 rpm (where GTA and the rest of my games are installed)
    850w EVGA Supernova Fully Modular PSU 80+ Gold
    Asus Optical Drive

Got the same with my 3xgtx980ti sli after new windows10 installation sli bugged in 3dmark score is reduced from 12k to 7k and gpu usage from 99% to 60% duiring test.
    try gen3 in bios for the gtx1080 and löook at gpu usage during your low fps times maybe same like mine.

Onion Emperor
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • Asus Maximum VIII Hero
      • Motherboard BIOS:
      • 3504 - 8/18/2017
      • Chipset:
      • Z170
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-6700K
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • 4.0GHz
      • CPU Cooler:
      • Corsair H75
      • Memory:
      • 32GB G.Skill DDR4 XMP
      • Memory Speed:
      • 3200MHz
      • Video Card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 1080 FTW 8GB
      • Sound Card:
      • SoundBlaster Z
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1000W Modular
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
      • Optical Drives:
      • Asus DVD/RW
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64 Pro

I'm not sure if it'll help or not, or if it is even linked to performance decreases anymore, but make sure you disable Windows 10's Game DVR.

http://www.howtogeek.com/273180/how-...-and-game-bar/

thx i tried this but donŽt make any difference i think iŽll reinstall windows again and see if it helps -.-
    the funny thing is if i reinstall the driver it works in fire strike ultra 70-90fps after restart the pc again 40-50fps.
    Last edited by McMetal; December 31, 2016 at 12:35.

so after a few windows reinstalls and driver tests....13 reinstalls of windows i found one which fixed it by me.
    i try it 3 times and it works everytime.
    What iŽve done?

1.Reinstall windows 10 totally clean.
    2.let windows do all updates also the for the graficcarddriver
    3.test if your low gpu usage is solved if it is install the oldest
    driver from nvidia with gefoce experience you can find.
    4.test if the low gpu usage is still solved.
    5.let the geforce experience do the express update to get the latest
    drives.
    6.test again if low gpu usage is still solved
    7.now install all what you need like other drivers for hardware or utilities.

let me know if this works fore you.

Ps.: i dont know why this works by me but it does^^

mine is not performing either. I get great test results in everything but the combined test.
    Someone gave me their results to compare - compare/fs/11381539/fs/11378900
    it's like a 10% difference everywhere but the combined test where it's a 75% difference...

Futuremark Staff
    Not a benchmark issue. You should probably report the issue to NVIDIA for their investigation.