How to uninstall PhysX drivers completely?

I need to revert back to an older PhysX version since sacred 2 and vantage are having problems with the new 9.09.203 drivers, and theres no uninstall option on my add/remove programs, already uninstalled my display drivers and rebooted to safe mode and used driver sweeper to clean out the drivers and physx, tried to install the older version and it says that i still have my version 9.09.203 installed, anyway to totally remove physx on my system ?
    Last edited by darkblade088; March 9, 2009 at 05:07.

Junior Proxycon Emperor
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3
      • Motherboard BIOS:
      • UEFI Beta F
      • Chipset:
      • Intel Z68
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500K
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • 4.4Ghz
      • CPU Cooler:
      • CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair XMS
      • Memory Speed:
      • 1866Mhz
      • Video Card(s):
      • Inno3D iChill GTX 970 OC
      • Video Card Speed:
      • 1088/1228/7010
      • Sound Card:
      • Soundblaster Z
      • PSU:
      • PCandP 610 Silencer
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • Samsung 840 Pro 128GB, 1TB WD Steam Drive, 1TB Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD
      • Optical Drives:
      • DVD RW
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ultimate SP1

Re: How to uninstall PhysX drivers completely?

There should be a seperate entry in Add/Remove programs for nVidia PhysX, if it's not there then reinstall the same version of PhysX to get it to reappear and then uninstall from Add/Remove, you may have to delete the Ageia folder in your Program files folder too.

This worked for me before, i used a registry cleaner and it had removed the install/uninstall entries for a couple of things, this being one.

I have reinstalled the 9.09.203 version over a dozen times, i dont get the bloody add/remove option and no Ageia folder anywhere.

edit:

From nvidia

Runtime upgrade ONLY for AGEIA PhysX processors users. (New installations should install older PhysX system software such as version 8.09.04 - prior to installing this update).
    I guess this is causing the issue that i dont see any uninstaller package and other apps not able to run w/o the older PhysX version, it should not install as a stand alone if its a run time package only.

edit:

After further observation the files do get installed, after the verification process the installer removes all the installed files and yet says it has installed successfully but the files are deleted, but it makes me wonder why mirrors edge can still run perfectly.. maybe it has its own internal physx drivers?
    Last edited by darkblade088; March 9, 2009 at 12:41.

Maybe anyone has a clue on w/c registry entries to delete so that the installer will think that PhysX drivers aint installed yet.

Junior Onion

Driversweeper has an Ageia profile, why not try that....

As stated on my first post, already tried driver sweeper.

Master Onion

even DRIVERSWEEPER doesn`t remove all the files, check \windows\system32 and in registry u will find more in software section in HLMACHINE.. didn`t have any problems uninstalling new version and then installing old one, even before DS..

Quote Originally posted by icemanchilled View Post
    There should be a seperate entry in Add/Remove programs for nVidia PhysX, if it's not there then reinstall the same version of PhysX to get it to reappear and then uninstall from Add/Remove, you may have to delete the Ageia folder in your Program files folder too.

This worked for me before, i used a registry cleaner and it had removed the install/uninstall entries for a couple of things, this being one.
    thanks a lot

Its work for me