Senior Firefly

SM BUS CONTROLLER on an MS7093

I've just reinstalled windows XP with SP3 slipstreamed on a mates system with an MS7093 Motherboard, everything is hunky dorie except the SM BUS CONTROLLER in device manager is not installed (yellow ?), I've installed all the drivers I can find, I've had this problem a few times and the MS BUS DRIVER has always solved the issue but this time it hasen't, I've trawled god knows how many sites looking for an answer but can't find anything conclusive, anyone know what this driver would be.
    Cheers

Junior Proxycon Emperor

Re: SM BUS CONTROLLER on an MS7093

Motherboard chipset. Use CD or D/L it from the manufacters site and install. That should be it.

Veteran Onion

Quote Originally posted by Dutchforce View Post
    Motherboard chipset. Use CD or D/L it from the manufacters site and install. That should be it.
    Yep. Also, after installing the driver, remove the conflicting device from Device Manager and reboot the machine. It should install it properly after the reboot.

Senior Firefly

Tried all the drivers i could find from MSI and none solved the problem, I've tried removing the device and rebooting as well, MSI does have an auto update but it don't seem to be working at the moment, I'll give it a try later

Senior Firefly

Looks like that board has an ATI chipset. Go directly to ATI's site and find the appropriate chipset driver.

I had the same thing show up on a MSI board I installed yesterday and the chipset driver fixed it. Had an Intel chipset though.

Senior Firefly

Sorted, got auto update on MSI to work and it found 4 motherboard drivers and 1 solved the problem [thumbup]
    Cheers