+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11
    Master Proxycon Emperor
    Joined
    Apr 2001
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    19,581

    Re: Possible to block wifi on iPod Touch?

    Quote Originally posted by zortoflaven View Post
    True, but there is so much worse out there than porn. We all know the sick stuff you can find by accident on the internet.
    And yet, we have all seen it, and we are still normal.

    For what its worth, I feel I speak from some experience. In my first year of college, i was neighbors with some people whose parents sheltered them like no other... they were some off the most messed up people I have ever seen. Had no idea about how the real world (relationships epecially) worked, and had a hard time dealing with it all..

    So, if letting my kids find out about the world through the internet, or let them be socially stupid, I will let them hit the net...

    Then again, I am also not really bothered by the thought of my kids looking at porn...

    Quote Originally posted by oblisk View Post
    Who the hell are you two to judge my parents?
    Don't want an opinion, don't post something like this online. :P
    Last edited by Divine_Madcat; December 18, 2008 at 05:30.

  2. #12
    Veteran Onion
    Joined
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Republic of Cascadia
    Posts
    3,994

    Re: Possible to block wifi on iPod Touch?

    Quote Originally posted by Divine_Madcat View Post
    Don't want an opinion, don't post something like this online. :P
    I just asked a technical question, and I welcome the 'political opinions' on the matter at hand, but please don't criticize my parents. I'm sorry they're not liberal hippies like you.

  3. #13
    Master Proxycon Emperor
    Joined
    Apr 2001
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    19,581

    Re: Possible to block wifi on iPod Touch?

    Quote Originally posted by oblisk View Post
    I just asked a technical question, and I welcome the 'political opinions' on the matter at hand, but please don't criticize my parents. I'm sorry they're not liberal hippies like you.
    Liberal hippie? The funny thing is, I am a conservative republican (though, not overly religious). I just know that you do much more harm than good, and I think it is silly to try to block something like that..

  4. #14
    Veteran Onion
    Joined
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Republic of Cascadia
    Posts
    3,994

    Re: Possible to block wifi on iPod Touch?

    Quote Originally posted by Divine_Madcat View Post
    Liberal hippie? The funny thing is, I am a conservative republican (though, not overly religious). I just know that you do much more harm than good, and I think it is silly to try to block something like that..
    See? If you just said that in your original post, it would've been fine. I don't know why you had to go step further and criticize my parents.

  5. #15
    Master Proxycon Emperor
    Joined
    Apr 2001
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    19,581

    Re: Possible to block wifi on iPod Touch?

    Quote Originally posted by oblisk View Post
    See? If you just said that in your original post, it would've been fine. I don't know why you had to go step further and criticize my parents.
    Sorry; I just tend to speak my mind. I hate to offend, but I do think such paranoia is ridiculous....I feel sorry for people brought up like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts