1. #1
    Veteran Onion
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Minnesota, Midwest USA
    Posts
    4,008

    Does Alex Trebek know all the answers?

    On Jeopardy, do you guys think Alex Trebek knows all the answers to the trivia questions because he is just amazingly smart, or do you think he memorizes the answers before the show, or does he have some kind of computer or screen that displays the answer to him when he reads the question?
    Last edited by Lord_P; January 9, 2008 at 23:52.

  2. #2

    Re: Does Alex Trebek know all the answers?

    I'm guessing a computer screen.

  3. #3

    Re: Does Alex Trebek know all the answers?

    I saw in an interview that he plays along when he reads the questions before reading the answer. Most definitly a computer screen.

  4. #4
    Veteran Onion
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Minnesota, Midwest USA
    Posts
    4,008

    Re: Does Alex Trebek know all the answers?

    Quote Originally posted by Dibrom View Post
    I saw in an interview that he plays along when he reads the questions before reading the answer. Most definitly a computer screen.
    I wonder where exactly the screen is though? It seems that he doesn't really have a panel when watching the game. I could be wrong though.

  5. #5

    Re: Does Alex Trebek know all the answers?

    Quote Originally posted by Lord_P View Post
    I wonder where exactly the screen is though? It seems that he doesn't really have a panel when watching the game. I could be wrong though.
    Maybe it's the card he's holding then, he seems to be reading the questions off if them. It's not live so who knows how he gets the cards.

  6. #6

    Re: Does Alex Trebek know all the answers?

    Quote Originally posted by Lord_P View Post
    I wonder where exactly the screen is though? It seems that he doesn't really have a panel when watching the game. I could be wrong though.
    It's possible that they'd come up on a teleprompter on the camera that shoots him.

  7. #7
    Proxycon Emperor
    Joined
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,518

    Re: Does Alex Trebek know all the answers?

    But the teleprompter would probably be visible to the contestants because the cameras shoot from the front of the stage. Besides there's not much time between the reading, buzzing, interrogative, etc. I think he probably has an ear piece in his left ear. You almost never see him from the left side.

  8. #8
    Junior Onion
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: Does Alex Trebek know all the answers?

    Quote Originally posted by Inept View Post
    But the teleprompter would probably be visible to the contestants because the cameras shoot from the front of the stage. Besides there's not much time between the reading, buzzing, interrogative, etc. I think he probably has an ear piece in his left ear. You almost never see him from the left side.
    Right, how else would he hear what the judges were saying about an answer and us not?

  9. #9
    Senior Onion
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gold Coast,Qld, Australia
    Posts
    3,297

    Re: Does Alex Trebek know all the answers?

    its what happens when alex trabek has a picture of a giraffe in his ass during an earthquake!











    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX2ehgRJxdI

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts