+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Firefly

Xbox live registration without credit card - possible ?

Hi all,

Bought my son an Xbox 360 for Christmas and have just gone to create a live account for him. All was going ok right up to the point where because of his age I had to enter my details along with a credit card number to verify my age, neither myself or my wife have a credit card, (never have done), and there is no option to enter debit card details such as maestro. So as far as Xbox live goes are we screwed or is there any way round this ?

Do the live membership cards available in the shops still require similar age verification by supplying credit card details ? If there is no way round this then Microsoft will simply not get my money !

As always thanks in advance.

FaBX

Firefly

Re: Xbox live registration without credit card - possible ?

Just make his age as 18+ to get round it!
    Last edited by Infin1ty03; December 27, 2007 at 16:34.

Junior Firefly

But wont that still ask for "his" credit card details to prove that he is over 18 ?

What part of the registration process is that? My son also got a 360 for Christmas and signed up for a live account. All I had to do was provide my Hotmail account details (as he is also under 18)and everything was good to go.

Veteran Firefly
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • ASUS P7P-55D
      • CPU:
      • I5-760
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • I5-760@4.12
      • Video Card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG2
      • Operating System:
      • 7 Pro 64

All I remember was going out, buying a live card, then entering that in at the redeem code screen.

I remember it being pretty straight forward. I'm not sure where in the process I had to do the age thing. If you have a problem try creating a different hotmail account maybe. Just make SURE that you select 18 for age anywhere in the process.

Rest easy, you DO NOT need a credit card # to verify age.

Junior Firefly

It said something along the lines of because of his age a parent or guardian will have to complete the registration. I then entered my name, date of birth, email address and widows live id info and at that point it asked me for the card details

Junior Firefly

Thanks KMFDM, that makes me feel a lot happier

Everyone so far appears to have used a hotmail account where as I used my windows live (msn ) ID, maybe that has something to do with it.

Anyway I think I will buy a card, (was trying to use a free 48 hour membership but never got as far as entering the code), and give it another go.

Thanks all

FaBX
    Last edited by FaBX; December 27, 2007 at 17:24.

Veteran Firefly
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • ASUS P7P-55D
      • CPU:
      • I5-760
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • I5-760@4.12
      • Video Card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG2
      • Operating System:
      • 7 Pro 64

One last thing as a reminder....start all over if you have to, lying about his age right from the beginning

Seriously though, will make the whole process a lot easier rather than saying, "hey, i'm his parent and I want to add him on."

good luck

Quote Originally posted by FaBX View Post
    Thanks KMFDM, that makes me feel a lot happier

Everyone so far appears to have used a hotmail account where as I used my windows live (msn ) ID, maybe that has something to do with it.

Anyway I think I will buy a card, (was trying to use a free 48 hour membership but never got as far as entering the code), and give it another go.

Thanks all

FaBX
    When we were setting up my son's account, we were going to use a 48 trial that came with Halo 3, ,but when it got to the bit in the signing up process where you choose the subscription you want, he chose the free silver one. It then automatically came up with the free months trial that came with the 360

Junior Firefly

It's the 48 hour free trial that I was going to use but it was asking me for credit card details before we even got to the subscription choice part