+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Onion

Parts needed for a Dell 2000FP 20" LCD Monitor

I know this will probably be a long shot , but i will try it anyway. I have a
    Dell 2000FP 20" LCD Monitor

And this is the part i need here i have it circled in red.The only markings i found on it was this 22.0475.31 223D and the board part number is this T051023.00

Here is a pic that is untouched....
    T051023.00 with two of CCFL Output Connector is 14mm width:

Thought maybe someone with a good electronic repair background could possibly help me
    out, as i found some on ebay but they are aroun 70+ buck plus shipping and i would image those two chokes i need is probably around 5 to 10 bucks if i can cross reference those numbers or anything at this point.

Emperor Apprentice
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • X58A-UD3R
      • Motherboard BIOS:
      • F7
      • Chipset:
      • X58
      • CPU:
      • i930
      • CPU Cooler:
      • Stock
      • Memory:
      • 6GB XMS DDR3
      • Memory Speed:
      • 800MHz
      • Sound Card:
      • Onboard
      • PSU:
      • OCZ ModXstream 600W
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • Intel 128GB SSD
      • Optical Drives:
      • Lite-On BD Rom
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Business SP1

Re: Parts needed for a Dell 2000FP 20" LCD Monitor

Those transformers are roasted. I don't honestly know if transformers are readily available in that size but have you tried contacting dell for such a part?

Senior Onion

Yes tried Dell , their Trunk Line Depo, And their spare part Warehouse.
    All basically give the same reply we don't offer those parts. And my point is someone has too be fixing these somewhere. I have tried numerous places to get a skematic or a part number.I have found these people norris Parts, they offer the whole board at 70 bucks
    and i tried too talk to the reapir guy but some none americian speaking guy came on
    and didn't know who or what i was talking about and so i can't do nothing there.Update talked too another guy after 5 calls , he said only board can't give out no info on the parts
    either buy the inverter board for 70 bucks or there was nothing he could do.I hate @$$holes like that all they want too do is rip people off. I mean the guy could have said yeah the part number for the part is blah blah and you can get it from there.So i guess i am stuck with a monitor that needs less then 10 bucks of parts too fix it.

Quote Originally posted by AsGF2MX
    Those transformers are roasted. I don't honestly know if transformers are readily available in that size but have you tried contacting dell for such a part?
    They all look like that, as the plastic paper looks like that after the constant heating up and cooling off. They actually redone the transformers on the next model up and left the cover off it.

Last edited by KILLER_K; May 31, 2006 at 18:26.

Veteran Firefly

What happened to roast them like that? I'd of thought that whatever caused that has likely damaged something else in the process.

Could you email Norris Parts? A picture speaks a thousand words.

Senior Onion

Quote Originally posted by MojoJoe
    What happened to roast them like that? I'd of thought that whatever caused that has likely damaged something else in the process.

Could you email Norris Parts? A picture speaks a thousand words.
    That is a working board picture, it isn't mine it is from norris parts website.That is normal for the 2 stage power board, the paper cover makes it look like that.Plus i have emailed them 10 plus times and as i stated called them numerous times with no results except buy my 70 buck part and add shipping for it.

Senior Onion

Come on i know there has too be some electronic guru's in here
    that can give me some info on these parts.

Junior Master Onion

The board is made by AMBIT ( http://www.ambitmicro.com/micro/LCDM...htInverter.htm )

Try contacting them and tell them that an old inverter board from them need to have it's surface mount transformers replaced. Since it is not under service/warranty, ask them if they could supply you with infos on how to get the part. Don't mention Dell.

You can be sure it's one of these OEM components made cheaply in Asia. There's probably no proper datasheet, because it would cost too much to make, along with a list of model no.s.... :-)

Senior Onion

Quote Originally posted by Aira
    The board is made by AMBIT ( http://www.ambitmicro.com/micro/LCDM...htInverter.htm )

Try contacting them and tell them that an old inverter board from them need to have it's surface mount transformers replaced. Since it is not under service/warranty, ask them if they could supply you with infos on how to get the part. Don't mention Dell.

You can be sure it's one of these OEM components made cheaply in Asia. There's probably no proper datasheet, because it would cost too much to make, along with a list of model no.s.... :-)

Thank you for the information and will go and check into it now and see what they say.

Senior Onion

I give up i guess i will just through this lcd in the trash, these people say that can't even talk about the board for legal matters (i'm like wtf!).So basically it is either give this money hungry guy 70 bucks plus shipping for a refurbished part and hope it works.Or cut my loss in money and buy a new lcd.I really see why people go postal on people at work.Man these folks really stress you out when you try too talk to them.They make you feel like you're dumb and insignificant.
    Last edited by KILLER_K; June 2, 2006 at 16:36.

Senior Onion

Anyone have anymore suggestions at this it would be great.As i hate to throw away a 20.5 lcd monitor over a 10 buck part , lmao