+ Reply
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Junior Proxycon Emperor

Re: Don't buy BF2142 It comes with Spyware!

Quote Originally posted by redhotfanboy View Post
    Thanks, Redhot. I'm speechless over this atrocity.

I wonder if retailers would view this as a legitimate excuse for returning a product? Or more importantly, we should find out what port IGA uses and block it (provided it uses a different port than BF2142)! [yes]
    Last edited by Dj_Lushious; October 17, 2006 at 06:10.

Super Moderator
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • ASUS N53SV-DH51
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 2430M
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Memory Speed:
      • DDR3 1333
      • Video Card(s):
      • GT 540M
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • 160GB Intel X25-M G2
      • Optical Drives:
      • BD-ROM
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 HP x64

You know, I didn't think it would prevent me from buying it, but after actually reading it, I may reconsider.

Junior Master Onion

Beyond BF2142 simply being a crappy EA tainted game, anyone that purchases 2142 and give money to EA is 100% crazy.

Veteran Firefly

I think the last EA game i bought was American McGee's alice, I really dislike what they've done to the gaming market.

Junior Proxycon Emperor

Quote Originally posted by Dolfan269 View Post
    You know, I didn't think it would prevent me from buying it, but after actually reading it, I may reconsider.
    Well, something like this is more than enough reason for me to not buy a product. Here's IGA's website for anyone that is interested.

Veteran Firefly

Quote Originally posted by codydewey View Post
    Put your picket signs down and extinguish your fires kids. Its not armageddon. Get over it. Its no big deal. Quit being so fussy.

"See,see! I told you BF2142 was bad! Told ya so, told ya so!"

Its not a big deal, get over it.

We have been hearing about this for over a year now. Ingame advertisements. Well, its reality now. Deal with it.
    yes collecting your IP address, that is ingame advertising

wait no thats ****ing spyware

i dont know how this is legal

Veteran Master Onion

Quote Originally posted by Dj_Lushious View Post
    Well, something like this is more than enough reason for me to not buy a product. Here's IGA's website for anyone that is interested.
    taked from there:

EA signs agreement to bring Dynamic In-Game Advertising (DIGA) to select titles 31 AUG 2006
    Agreement with IGA Worldwide Provides Cross Platform In-Game Ad Solutions for Global Advertisers Redwood City, CA/Chertsey, UK, August 31, 2006 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced an agreement with IGA Worldwide Inc., a leading independent in-game advertising network, in a move to offer marketers new dynamic advertising possibilities in select EA franchises on a global basis. Through the agreement, a portfolio of EA games will be incorporated into the IGA Worldwide network. Financial terms of today’s agreement were not disclosed.

The initial EA title to incorporate dynamic in-game advertising via IGA Worldwide is Battlefield 2142™, developed by DICE in Stockholm, Sweden. Fans of the franchise will see new, realistic brand presence integrated into contextually relevant game environments across the platforms and across the geographies where they play. At least two additional EA titles will offer dynamic ad serving capabilities through the course of the agreement with IGA Worldwide.

“Consumers are increasingly gaming in deep, virtual worlds and advertisers need adapted ways to reach these audiences,” said Frank Sagnier, Vice President for Online and Strategic Relationships for EA in Europe. “The agreement with IGA Worldwide is a first step in a detailed strategy to deliver advertising in a seamless format. We are continually looking at how to bring more connected experiences and services to consumers, and working with a network like IGA Worldwide is a start to building this dimension of our business.”

“At IGA Worldwide, we are establishing a global advertising network with the consumer reach to rival any cable channel, yet with the proven advantages of engagement, measurability and consistently hitting the demographic sweet spot,” said Justin Townsend, CEO for IGA Worldwide. “EA’s strategic commitment to the space is one that many leading advertisers have been waiting for, and no advertiser should even think about building a comprehensive marketing campaign without considering in-game advertising as a key component of their overall advertising spend.”

About Electronic ArtsElectronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is the world's leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for videogame systems, personal computers and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA SPORTSTM, EATM, EA SPORTS BIGTM and POGOTM. In fiscal 2006, EA posted revenue of $2.95 billion and had 27 titles that sold more than one million copies. EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.

Electronic Arts, EA, EA SPORTS, EA SPORTS BIG, and POGO are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. in the U.S and/or other countries. Battlefield 2142 is a trademark of Digital Illusions CE AB. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
    [censored] you Frank Sagnier ass

so this is the beginning for EA and this type of crap. [censored] you EA to hell. I bet NFS Carbon have the same crap.
    Last edited by Vampirolatino1; October 17, 2006 at 07:00.

Veteran Master Onion

[no] read:

Privacy Policy

Our Web site is intended to allow visitors, such as clients, potential clients, partners, potential recruits, and investors, to learn about, and interact with, IGA Worldwide.

In the course of your visit to InGameAdvertising.com, unless you voluntarily provide us information, we do not collect any personally identifiable information. We may, however, collect non-personally-identifiable (anonymous) information about you, such as the server into which your computer is logged, or your browser type.

Other examples of non-personally-identifiable information that we may collect include:
    - Your IP address (a unique number assigned to every computer on the Internet).
    - Your domain type (e.g., .com, .net, or .edu).
    - Standard information included with every communication sent on the Internet, such as browser type, operating system, browser language, service provider, and local time.
    - How you use the information you receive on our Web pages, also called "clickstream." We may collect this information as it is presented, or we may process log files or other files to glean this information.

We do gather personally identifiable information on our Web site when and where you volunteer to provide it. For example, if you submit your resume, request investor information, or sign up for our e-mail notification service, we will ask you to provide your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, facsimile number and any other information you provide to us in your resume or cover letter. If you choose not to provide such information to us, we will not be able to provide you with the information that you may want or consider you for a position at IGA Worldwide, as the case may be.

his personally identifiable information may be processed for us by outside contractors, who have an obligation of confidentiality to us with respect to such information, who keep it only for IGA Worldwide´s benefit and who do not give it to any third parties.We will provide personally-identifiable data to governmental authorities as required to do so by law.To ensure the quality and confidentiality of our data IGA Worldwide takes appropriate security precautions to ensure the safety of our data.

About Cookies
    IGA Worldwide does use cookies to enhance your Web viewing experience. IGA Worldwide´s cookies do not contain any personally-identifiable information. The first time you come into contact with the IGA Worldwide site, IGA Worldwide assigns you a unique number, which is stored in the cookie on your computer. Cookies help us measure the effectiveness of content on our site and further refine that content to meet your needs and be more relevant to you. While IGA Worldwide has rights to the data we collect and store, we do not sell or transfer this data except to our contractors as described above.

E-mail Messages
    In the case of electronic mail addresses, we only will send electronic mail messages to you if you have given us permission to do so, which we assume to be the case wherein you have asked us for information or notification or are applying for a job. We will not provide this address to any third parties, except to contractors acting on our behalf or to our contractors as noted above. If you wish to opt-out from receiving e-mails from us, click here.

I am utterly appalled.

So I must pay EA for advertisements?

Faak EA.

Master Onion

OK, take this scenario.....

Little johnny's big brother is surfing for Pron, he goes and plays a few rounds of 2142, doesn't look at the adverts.

Little johnny goes to play and on every advert there is "Big Momma's Juicy melons" or "Beaver City.com" advertised explicitly.......

Then little johnny's ma see's it

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]