+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Futuremark Staff

3DMark (Windows) v1.1.0 update

What's New in 3DMark Windows Edition v1.1.0

This update adds the Ice Storm Extreme test and fixes issues when testing systems with multiple GPUs. 3DMark scores will increase slightly on systems with two GPUs and significantly on systems with three or four GPUs.

NEW
    The Ice Storm Extreme benchmark test has been added to 3DMark Advanced Edition. Ice Storm Extreme is a Direct3D feature level 9 benchmark test for Windows tablets, ultrabooks and notebooks. Ice Storm Extreme raises the rendering resolution from 720p to 1080p and uses higher quality textures and post-processing effects in the graphics tests to create a more demanding load for the latest mobile devices. You can compare Ice Storm and Ice Storm Extreme scores from Windows and Android devices.

FIXED
    - 3DMark now works correctly on systems with up to four GPUs.
    - Fixed the issue caused by Windows update KB2670838, which added partial DX11.1 support to Windows 7.
    - Fixed a problem with the bloom post-processing effect when using very high rendering resolutions in custom settings.

Our mirrors should start deploying the new installer over the next hour or so. Steam version is already available. There is no differential installer - main DAT file was modified so the patch installer would be almost as large as the full installer anyway.

Futuremark Staff
    Looks like Hall of Fame will require a small update to show new 1.1 results. In the meanwhile, here are direct modded URLs for Fire Strike lists;

Fire Strike:

http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2...et/version+1.1

Fire Strike Extreme:

http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2...t/version+1.1/

Hi there! :)

Many of the mirror download locations don't work, eg. Major Geeks doesn't have V1.1.0 at all,
    the links on Guru3D & clubic.com still point to the old version, TechPowerup's links are broken
    (I was in the middle of downloading from one of the mirrors when the connection stopped &
    now the mirror is gone from the list; the other US mirror gives a 404) and the TechPowerup
    mirrors outside the US are not shown (normally I'd download files from the UK mirror). Points:

1) It would have been better to wait until all mirrors had the correct new file & links before
    announcing the update. Atm it looks like there's a major site thrashing going on (download
    from chip.de broke after 89MB).

2) Is there no patch update version instead from 1.0 to 1.1.0? Thousands of people all
    downloading a new 1GB file is one heck of a bandwidth hog (no wonder TechPowerup's mirrors
    have gone splat).

I'm very pleased that there's an update which fixed multiple GPUs! But sad that it's so difficult
    to download. Please if possible make available a patch update instead. Actually I'm a bit surprised
    a patch version wasn't released first, followed by the full version later.

Cheers! :)

Ian.

Futuremark Staff
    There is no differential patch because it would have been ~800MB (almost same as full installer). The installer we use can only diff full files and since main DAT file changed, that's that then... We hope to change the installer at some point but that doesn't help right now. Sorry.

Steam has updated version immediately available (free basic as "demo" or advanced if you have advanced key) and I'm sure mirrors are updating their files over the next few hours.

--- Post Update ---

Updated mirrors;

http://www.technic3d.com/download/be...ark-v1.1.0.htm

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/..._download.html

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...rk-2013-v1-10/

Jarnis writes:
    > There is no differential patch because it would have been ~800MB (almost same as full installer). ...

Oh!! :D Ah well, understandable then I guess.

> Steam has updated version immediately available ...

Heh, I don't use Steam or other such systems at all atm. All my gaming is local, though maybe,
    just maybe, the possibility of modded Skyrim in the future might change my mind. 8)

> Updated mirrors;

Thanks!! That's great! 8)

Coming in fine from the TechPowerup UK site, excellent!

Ian.

Senior Onion
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • ASRock X79 Champion
      • Chipset:
      • X79
      • CPU:
      • i7 3930K
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • 5.0GHz
      • CPU Cooler:
      • H55
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDR3 1866
      • Memory Speed:
      • Video Card(s):
      • 3x Gigabyte 7950 Windforce
      • Video Card Speed:
      • 1400/1125
      • Sound Card:
      • Onboard
      • PSU:
      • Kingwin Lazer Platinum 1000w
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • 480GB Corsair Neutron GTX
      • Optical Drives:
      • LG BDRE
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro

Thanks everyone at Futuremark for getting this fixed. I do have a question though, are scores for 2 gpus or less comparable between the old version and the new version?
    Last edited by viper12580; May 6, 2013 at 20:49.

Futuremark Staff
    Quote Originally posted by viper12580 View Post
    Thanks everyone at Futuremark for getting this fixed. I do have a question though, are scores for 2 gpus or less comparable between the old version and the new version?
    They are influenced slightly by the changes, mostly so that v1.1 scores are ~0-3% better than v1.0 scores.

In 2-card SLI/Crossfire the difference may be slightly higher.

We recommend comparing scores from the same version if possible, but the only case where scores are so different that comparison is not possible is 3+ GPU scores from v1.0 (which are straight up invalid - and will be marked as such in our score database tomorrow)

Quote Originally posted by Jarnis View Post
    They are influenced slightly by the changes, mostly so that v1.1 scores are ~0-3% better than v1.0 scores.

In 2-card SLI/Crossfire the difference may be slightly higher.

We recommend comparing scores from the same version if possible, but the only case where scores are so different that comparison is not possible is 3+ GPU scores from v1.0 (which are straight up invalid - and will be marked as such in our score database tomorrow)
    My scores went from 1.0's 18365 to 1.1's 17389. I LOST about 5.3%!!!!!!! What's going on???

Futuremark Staff
    Quote Originally posted by vhco View Post
    My scores went from 1.0's 18365 to 1.1's 17389. I LOST about 5.3%!!!!!!! What's going on???
    Not certain. In our two-card tests the difference was always within the normal margin of error. Are you comparing scores from exact same driver version?

In any case, a lot of bugs with the multi-GPU code were fixed so I guess it is possible that in some cases the score might even go down with two GPUs.

Quote Originally posted by Jarnis View Post
    Not certain. In our two-card tests the difference was always within the normal margin of error. Are you comparing scores from exact same driver version?

In any case, a lot of bugs with the multi-GPU code were fixed so I guess it is possible that in some cases the score might even go down with two GPUs.
    Yeah, I used the same 314.09 driver. GT1 from 112 down to 102, GT2 from 91 down to 82 and combine test from 35 down to 33.