3DMark 11 version 1.0.4 released
3DMark 11 has been updated to version 1.0.4 and is now fully compatible with Windows 8. This update addresses compatibility issues and a few uncommon bugs. Benchmark scores are not affected and scores from this new version can be compared with scores from the previous version 3DMark 11 v1.0.3. To get the update, download and run the 3DMark v1.0.4 installer. The major changes include:
* Keyboard focus is no longer checked during the demo or when running the benchmark in a loop. Note that if the display switches to the desktop due to a popup window during the benchmark, the run will still be aborted as the display mode is no longer the same.
* 3DMark 11 now remembers the last custom resolution used.
* GPU count detection for multi-GPU systems is now correct even when SystemInfo is explicitly disabled.
* 3DMark 11 will now prevent Windows from entering Sleep during the test.
* The license key is now reset when the benchmark is reinstalled, allowing removal of invalid keys.
* SystemInfo updated to version 4.15 for full Windows 8 compatibility.
* Updated DirectX redistributable.
* Now using static Visual C++ 2010 runtime libraries to fix rare installation issues on some systems.
* Removed dependency on EvaDotNet.dll and EvaDotNet.DirectX.dll for GPU enumeration to fix compatibility issues with some systems.
* Fixed display initialization code that caused "SetFullscreenState failed: DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE" errors on some systems.
* Fixed several memory and texture leaks, improving stability during very long looping runs.
* The HUD timer no longer rolls over if a single test takes more than ten minutes. (Yes, this could happen during the Combined Test on some low end DirectX 11 cards.)
* Fixed submitting saved files to 3dmark.com from the command line.
* Image Quality tool will no longer give a cryptic error if the output directory does not exist.
Updated file will be appearing to our mirrors over the next few hours and Steam version is now updated.
(At least Guru3D and Chip.de should already have the new file)