Connect3D ATI Radeon X1900 GT. This card any good?

Hi all, noob here. Is this card any good for the price of 146.86 inc vat?? from

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...00_Series.html (3rd card down )

I currently have an x800gt and i get lines breaking up my graphics when i move about in game :( ( wouldnt be my monitor would it? fairly new 250 lcd monitor )

150 is about the price i want to pay, but im a bit confused as to how an x1900 is cheaper than some of the x1800 cards.
    Last edited by Divine_Wind; August 29, 2006 at 13:40. Reason: typo

Veteran Firefly

Re: Connect3D ATI Radeon X1900 GT. This card any good?

Card is ok (I'll let others tell you how bad/good as i'm not 100% sure, I believe its a case of X1800XT > X1900GT)

Reviews available if you google it http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2812&p=8

Enable VSync in your settings to get rid of those lines :)
    Last edited by Rob_B; August 29, 2006 at 18:18.

Thx for vsync info :)
    Last edited by Divine_Wind; August 29, 2006 at 20:05.

Junior Proxycon Emperor

overclockers have a full 512mb x1900xt for 199

thats a hella bargain and a fair bit faster than the gt

man i paid 350 for my xt 5 months ago [thumbdown]

Veteran Firefly

I'm personally waiting until Crysis comes out & will buy whatever card (ie x1900/7900gt etc) handles it the best, I'm upgrading anyway (as you are D_W) so i'm not buying the card FOR the game!

If you can wait then do so for as long as possible, i was in your position a month ago, bought a 7900GT & it died, sent it back for a refund & am SO happy i did as prices are falling like mad at the moment! Your current card is surely ok for now? 150 in 2 months times will buy you FAR more (obviously!) than it will now + you could save a little more & up your budget?

Set a date when you will buy a card no matter what, save like mad & on that date...spend spend spend!!! [thumbup]

Welcome to MadOnion, oops I mean Futuremark by the way!
    Last edited by Rob_B; August 29, 2006 at 21:35.

Quote Originally posted by Rob_B View Post
    I'm personally waiting until Crysis comes out & will buy whatever card (ie x1900/7900gt etc) handles it the best, I'm upgrading anyway (as you are D_W) so i'm not buying the card FOR the game!

If you can wait then do so for as long as possible, i was in your position a month ago, bought a 7900GT & it died, sent it back for a refund & am SO happy i did as prices are falling like mad at the moment! Your current card is surely ok for now? 150 in 2 months times will buy you FAR more (obviously!) than it will now + you could save a little more & up your budget?

Set a date when you will buy a card no matter what, save like mad & on that date...spend spend spend!!! [thumbup]

Welcome to MadOnion, oops I mean Futuremark by the way!
    Thx for the welcome, yea i may wait a little and see what happens. X800 made Prey look ok with settings on medium, would look awsome with a better card me thinks!
    Im Beta testing battlefield 2142, and its not looking good on my current card, its ok, + the fact it will probably be more polished when it released. Im hoping that whatever card i buy will run bf2142 on high graphics

Quote Originally posted by mrbungle View Post
    overclockers have a full 512mb x1900xt for 199

thats a hella bargain and a fair bit faster than the gt

man i paid 350 for my xt 5 months ago [thumbdown]
    I was looking at that, but my mrs will expect a pressie if i buy my self a card, so i cant quite stretch that far or mrs will have to do without[help] ! I'll wait 2 or 3 weeks and see if tha XT drops a little further

Quote Originally posted by Divine_Wind View Post
    Thx for the welcome, yea i may wait a little and see what happens. X800 made Prey look ok with settings on medium, would look awsome with a better card me thinks!
    Im Beta testing battlefield 2142, and its not looking good on my current card, its ok, + the fact it will probably be more polished when it released. Im hoping that whatever card i buy will run bf2142 on high graphics
    I got a 7950 gx2 and I didn't think that BF2142 was that impressive on graphics. So don't feel it's your card. lol

Quote Originally posted by dirtyjoe View Post
    I got a 7950 gx2 and I didn't think that BF2142 was that impressive on graphics. So don't feel it's your card. lol
    Ah! Lets hope its better looking when it released then