• 8 GB Ripjaws
      • Video Card(s):
      • GTX 570
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • 128gb Crucial M4 SSD, 1.5TB Caviar Black
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Prem x64 SP1

Company of Heroes 2 Reveal Imminent?

An Elder Scrolls MMO? That's big news and all, but to this PC gamer, it doesn't touch the report of another impending announcement: Company of Heroes 2 will take the storied World War II RTS to Russia in 2013.

NeoGaf forum poster V_Ben posted this photo of the cover of the next issue of PC Gamer
    Thumb resize.

According to the post, Company of Heroes 2 will take place on the Eastern Front with players taking control of Russia's Red Army. I've reached out to THQ with crossed fingers for confirmation and will update this story with any response.

Until then, let's chat Company of Heroes, shall we? While I'm relieved the game will remain in WWII, I'm surprised THQ and Relic are going to the Eastern Front given the widespread success of the Red Army filled Eastern Front mod. With a full-blown sequel, you would think THQ would go in a different direction, like say the Pacific Theater. Thoughts?
    http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/company-of-...source=twitter

Veteran Master Onion
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • ASUS B85M-E
      • Motherboard BIOS:
      • Chipset:
      • Intel B85
      • CPU:
      • i5 4570 Haswell @ 3.20GHz
      • CPU Cooler:
      • Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
      • Memory:
      • 8gb
      • Memory Speed:
      • 667 MHz
      • Video Card(s):
      • Gigabyte Windforce R9 290X
      • Video Card Speed:
      • 1040 / 1250
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster G-series 700W
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • 240gb Crucial SATAIII SSD / 1tb 7200rpm HDD
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8.1 64bit

Re: Company of Heroes 2 Reveal Imminent?

OMFG! That would be amazing!

Junior Onion

Oh man oh man, I love this!

Master Onion
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • Asus P8P67 Pro
      • Chipset:
      • P67
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500k @ 4.8ghz
      • CPU Cooler:
      • Noctua DH-14
      • Memory:
      • 8 GB Ripjaws
      • Video Card(s):
      • GTX 570
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • 128gb Crucial M4 SSD, 1.5TB Caviar Black
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Prem x64 SP1

Company of Heroes 2 is coming! Relic, makers of Homeworld and Dawn of War, have finally announced the sequel to their glorious, Nazi-stomping World War II strategy game.

If you want to read every shrapnel of information, you’ll need to run out and buy the next issue of PC Gamer magazine – on sale in the UK on May 9th, and the US May 22nd. UK readers even get Company of Heroes 1 free with every issue.

But if you want to know the basics, read on below for how Relic intend to follow the best real-time strategy game of all time.

It’s set on the Russian front. You control the Soviets in their fight to repel the invading Nazi force.
    Snow plays a major part on the battlefield, falling and melting dynamically, and slowing your soldiers and tanks based on its depth.
    The game runs on the Essence 3 engine, the latest version of the graphics engine Relic have been updating and expanding upon for years.

The cover system has been revamped, to function more realistically and allow soldiers to vault over obstacles.
    Line of sight plays a large tactical role, with the game’s fog of war based on what your soldier’s can actually see. Relic call this system “True Sight”, and it causes areas of the map to be grayed out and enemies within turned invisible by buildings, items of cover, or dropped smoke grenades.

The Normandy landing that opened Company of Heroes (and Saving Private Ryan, one of its key inspirations), was the 23rd biggest battle of World War 2. “13 of the 15 bloddiest battles” happened on the Eastern front, points out Company of Heroes lead designer, Quinn Duffy. The game should represent those battles and their vicious scale, as much as it does minute infantry tactics.
    Just like the original, the scenery is highly destructible, and you’ll be given control of plenty of tanks and other explosive equipment. That includes barn-burning flamethrowers.

There will be multiplayer, but Relic aren’t ready yet to talk about it.
    The game is due out 2013.

We’ll have loads more information on Company of Heroes in the coming weeks, as and when we’re allowed to talk about it. Or you could order a PC Gamer magazine right now.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/04/co...looks-amazing/

Veteran Master Onion
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • ASUS B85M-E
      • Motherboard BIOS:
      • Chipset:
      • Intel B85
      • CPU:
      • i5 4570 Haswell @ 3.20GHz
      • CPU Cooler:
      • Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
      • Memory:
      • 8gb
      • Memory Speed:
      • 667 MHz
      • Video Card(s):
      • Gigabyte Windforce R9 290X
      • Video Card Speed:
      • 1040 / 1250
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster G-series 700W
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • 240gb Crucial SATAIII SSD / 1tb 7200rpm HDD
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8.1 64bit

The 'True Sight' fog of war sounds brilliant! Damn I can't wait for this, I always wanted to play as the Russians since the very first game. I hope there are other Allied / Axis sides to choose from too.

Quote Originally posted by Ginjarou View Post
    The 'True Sight' fog of war sounds brilliant! Damn I can't wait for this, I always wanted to play as the Russians since the very first game. I hope there are other Allied / Axis sides to choose from too.
    I don't, will be a lot easier to balance if they start out with just 2 factions! I'll play maybe a bit of the campaign but am all about the multiplayer. Didn't complete any of the original or expansion SP.

Eastern front mod for COH, nuff said