• Video Card(s):
      • GTX 570
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • 128gb Crucial M4 SSD, 1.5TB Caviar Black
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Prem x64 SP1

Blizzard talks Diablo III Global Play and more Auction House Stuff

Global Play:

Want to take on the hordes of the Burning Hells with a friend from halfway around the world? In Diablo® III, you'll be able to play on game servers in regions outside your own, with a few restrictions, using Battle.net®'s new Global Play functionality. Here's how it works....

Diablo III's global game servers are grouped into three distinct game regions:
    The Americas - For players in the US, Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia.

Europe - For players in the European Union, Eastern Europe, Russia, Africa, and Middle Eastern countries such as Israel and the United Arab Emirates.

Asia - For players in South Korea and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.

In general, players will create characters and play in their "home" region, which is determined by where they live (specifically, the country of residence registered to their Battle.net account). Global Play gives players the ability to switch to any of the other game regions via the in-game options menu, either before or after they log in to the game.

Note that characters, items, and friends lists do not transfer across regions. Playing on a different region's servers means you'll be creating characters and friends lists specifically for that region, and you'll be accessing the gold-based auction house for that region.

In addition, players will only have access to the real-money auction house (where applicable) when playing in their "home" game region. That means that, for characters outside of your home region, items cannot be bought or sold in any real-money auction house. The focus of Global Play is simply to give you the ability to play Diablo III together with your friends in any region.
    For more information on Global Play in Diablo III, see the
    More questions about global play answered here: http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...8_bnet-support

Auction House:

Want to know more about Diablo III's new auction house feature? We've just updated the Diablo III web site with a comprehensive Auction House guide that walks you through the ins and outs of Diablo III's in-game item marketplace, including details on buying and selling, a breakdown of how the real-money auction house works (in regions where available), and more.

You'll also find some important information on Battle.net account-security requirements that players interested in using the real-money auction house will need to know about.

The gold-based auction house opens its doors worldwide on May 15 with the launch of Diablo III, and we plan to bring the real-money auction house online approximately one week after that. This is a new service that includes lots of complex elements, so we are going to take a little extra time to ensure the game gets off to a good start before we flip the switch and open the real-money auction house for business.
    Auction House FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/...n-house/how-to
    Last edited by CrAwL; May 1, 2012 at 22:04.

Senior Proxycon Emperor
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
      • CPU:
      • i5-3570k
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • 3.7 GHz (bum chip)
      • CPU Cooler:
      • Corsair H50
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB
      • Video Card(s):
      • GTX 670 x2
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64

Re: Blizzard talks Diablo III Global Play and more Auction House Stuff

Two interesting points:
    FOR EQUIPMENT(weapons, armor, accessories, and other unique items)
    • Transaction Fee (Gold Auction House): 15% of final sale price
    • Transaction Fee (Real-Money Auction House): $1.00 USD per item / $1.00 AUD per item
    • Transfer Fee (when sending proceeds to PayPal or other authorized payment-service provider): 15% of amount being transferred
    FOR COMMODITIES (gems, materials, dyes, pages, recipes, and other non-unique items)
    • Transaction Fee (Gold Auction House): 15% of final sale price
    • Transaction Fee (Real-Money Auction House): 15% of final sale price
    • Transfer Fee (when sending proceeds to PayPal or other authorized payment-service provider): 15% of amount being transferred
    Really? A buck per armor sold? Seems steep... but then again I was thinking armor would go for like $2-3 on average, maybe they're thinking $10-15?

Also:
    If your Battle.net Balance reaches a certain limit, you’ll be required to attach one of the authenticators listed above before you can add to your Battle.net Balance or post Battle.net Balance-related auctions.
    You will be required to sign up for the Mobile Alerts service in order to use PayPal to buy or sell items in Diablo III’s real-money auction house.
    Sounds nice and secure to me, friends of mine were really apprehensive about having their account hacked and getting all of their money stolen.

Veteran Firefly

Quote Originally posted by Ruzhyo View Post
    Two interesting points:
    [/LIST]Really? A buck per armor sold? Seems steep... but then again I was thinking armor would go for like $2-3 on average, maybe they're thinking $10-15?

Also:Sounds nice and secure to me, friends of mine were really apprehensive about having their account hacked and getting all of their money stolen.
    never underestimate the deep pockets of the parents of asian kids. i kid you not, i have a friend who sold a character for the game Ragnarok for roughly $700

Firefly

sold Wow Account for 1700€ back on the Burning Crusade Expancion 2 fully Raid equiped, one of them with with Legendary Swords.
    Since then prices for Account´s has gone down dramaticy to about 200€ per account with 1 caracter. Made quite a few upgrades on my pc by selling account´s.
    Remenber this was only possible cause of my Guild that helped me doing this. Doing it alone is quite impossible task.

Edit: forgot to say that all accounts where sold to some guy in Turkey that then probably sold them again on a beter circuit then what i know.
    Last edited by U_Soldier; May 2, 2012 at 15:00.

Onion Emperor
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • Asus Rampage IV Black
      • Motherboard BIOS:
      • 0701 - 6/04/2014
      • Chipset:
      • x79
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-3930K
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • 4.0GHz+
      • CPU Cooler:
      • Corsair H60
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair DDR3 XMP
      • Video Card(s):
      • GeForce GTX 770 4GB
      • Sound Card:
      • SoundBlaster Z
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1000W Modular
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
      • Optical Drives:
      • LG Blu-Ray BD-ROM
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Professional x64

Quote Originally posted by U_Soldier View Post
    sold Wow Account for 1700€ back on the Burning Crusade Expancion 2 fully Raid equiped, one of them with with Legendary Swords.
    Since then prices for Account´s has gone down dramaticy to about 200€ per account with 1 caracter. Made quite a few upgrades on my pc by selling account´s.
    Remenber this was only possible cause of my Guild that helped me doing this. Doing it alone is quite impossible task.

Edit: forgot to say that all accounts where sold to some guy in Turkey that then probably sold them again on a beter circuit then what i know.
    Sometimes wish I had sold my Tier 3 - Naxxramas Hunter for that in 2006 sometimes, I was the most geared Hunter on the server at several points and again in 2007 with Tier 6 - Black Temple/Hyjal. You didn't need any form of PvP gear when going into Alterac Valley or Arathi Basin with this character.