3DMark06 cmd line commands doesn't work

Hi I have problem with 3DMark06. It is not working for me as described in documentation.

3DMark05 works but well but 06 doesn't start any benchmark.

cmdline command i use is: 3DMark06 results.3dr from folder of 3DMark06.

Could anybody say to me whats wrong?

Futuremark Staff

Re: 3DMark06 cmd line commands doesn't work

Not sure what you are exactly trying to do? Load a saved result?

Right click on the main UI and it should offer that option, no need to use command line for that.

No I want to run 3DMark06 from cmdline and save results to file (results.3dr) what should be possible same as in 3DMark05

Edit: I can't even start benchmark from cmdline
    In documentation is written that it is possible.
    Last edited by Holyman; April 16, 2012 at 12:59.

Is there somebody who can say me what i'm doing wrong

Administrator
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • ASROCK Fatal1ty z77 Pro
      • Chipset:
      • Intel P77
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 2600K
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • Stock
      • CPU Cooler:
      • Corsair H50
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB
      • Memory Speed:
      • 1600 Mhz
      • Video Card(s):
      • MSI GTX780 6GB
      • Video Card Speed:
      • Stock
      • Sound Card:
      • Soundblaster Z
      • PSU:
      • CM SilentProM 1000
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • 840 Pro + RevoDrive X2
      • Optical Drives:
      • LG Bluray/HD-DVD Combo
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 x64

Quote Originally posted by Holyman View Post
    Is there somebody who can say me what i'm doing wrong
    Are you following the Whitepaper exactly by creating a batch file in the 3DMark06 folder? You could try 3DMark06.exe results.3dr

Quote Originally posted by Whitepaper
    Batch Run.

If you want to run a number of results on a system using different settings and test selections, this can easily be done using the batch run functionality. The batch run functionality works like standard Microsoft Windows batch files, which use the file ending '.bat'. Just write a text file with a number of 3DMark06 runs, using various settings as command line options, save that text file in the 3DMark06 installation directory, and give the file the ending '.bat'. The batch run can now be run by double clicking the .bat file. The obtained result files can be viewed with the Online ResultBrowser, with the 'Submit Saved Result' functionality of the right-click menu, or they can be viewed in Microsoft Excel, using the 'Open in Excel' functionality of the right click menu.

Example 1: Save a text file with the following contents with the file name batchrun1.bat:
    3DMark06 results.3dr
    This batch run will run the default benchmark and save the results in the file 'results.3dr'

Futuremark Staff

3DMark06 Command Line options require Professional Edition and a valid license. Which version are you using?

Quote Originally posted by Langaleer View Post
    Are you following the Whitepaper exactly by creating a batch file in the 3DMark06 folder? You could try 3DMark06.exe results.3dr
    Thank you for your answer, yes i follow the Whitepaper exactly and i also tried 3DMark06.exe from its folder.

Quote Originally posted by Jarnis View Post
    3DMark06 Command Line options require Professional Edition and a valid license. Which version are you using?
    Im using Advanced Edition with a valid license.

How i said, 3DMark05 works well with same syntax used.

Thank you for your answer, yes i follow the Whitepaper exactly and i also tried 3DMark06.exe from its folder.

Im using Advanced Edition with a valid license.

How i said, 3DMark05 works well with same syntax used.

Edit: Program starts but no benchmark is running. Run button is highlighted.
    Edit2: Also when im pressing enter and benchmark finishes then no result file is generated.

Edit3: Now i found that the Advanced Edition is lower Edition then Professional and if in cmd line works only in professional then problem is solved, if im wrong correct, but now it is clear.

Thank you for your help. I thougth that Advanced > Professional, but it is not.
    Last edited by Holyman; April 17, 2012 at 17:14.

Futuremark Staff

Yes, that is how it is, Professional Edition is the one meant for corporate use and that is generally the environment where you want to script testing with batch files. So command line mode is limited to Pro in 3DMark 06 (and Vantage and 11) - this is different from how it was in 05.