Benchmark files are corrupted. The result is not valid

Error message: Benchmark files are corrupted. The result is not valid. Please re-download and reinstall the benchmark, then try again.

Error code : 10
    (problem id: 6494206)

I get this almost all the time. I had uninstalled and installed PCMark 7 a dozens of times and deleting the directory and this still shows up every now and then. I have tested with Memtest x86 for about 12 hours showing nothing wrong with my memory.

My specs are:

Intel Code 2 Quad Q6600@3.0ghz
    8GB OCZ PC-6400 SLI-ready memory
    Intel 80GB G2 SSD
    AMD HD6850 Radeon

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Futuremark Staff

Re: Benchmark files are corrupted. The result is not valid

Could you send a saved result that is giving you this via email (or a couple, if you have multiples), to info [at] futuremark.com so we could investigate what exactly is triggering this for you.

Quote Originally posted by Jarnis View Post
    Could you send a saved result that is giving you this via email (or a couple, if you have multiples), to info [at] futuremark.com so we could investigate what exactly is triggering this for you.
    Dunno how to save them. Running PCMark 7 Basic.

Futuremark Staff

Ok, can't save results in basic.

What we could see based on the problem ID, this is 99% likely due to unstable hardware. The benchmark calculates checksum of all benchmark files and the result file and that checksum is verified when submitted. Any kind of instability that causes memory corruption would immediately trip up the verification.

Ok, can't save results in basic.

What we could see based on the problem ID, this is 99% likely due to unstable hardware. The benchmark calculates checksum of all benchmark files and the result file and that checksum is verified when submitted. Any kind of instability that causes memory corruption would immediately trip up the verification.
    Instability? I don't understand. It's not the memory i've tested it with Memtest86+ for about 12 hours and more and the memory functions just fine. I've never had a bluescreen for about half a year so that's an invalid statement. I've always using Microsoft approved drivers especially for the graphic card.
    Last edited by dj christian; January 24, 2012 at 22:30.

Futuremark Staff

Quote Originally posted by dj christian View Post
    Instability? I don't understand. It's not the memory i've tested it with Memtest86+ for about 12 hours and more and the memory functions just fine. I've never had a bluescreen for about half a year so that's an invalid statement. I've always using Microsoft approved drivers especially for the graphic card.
    Well, what we can see from our end from the submit you sent is that when benchmark calculated the checksums of all benchmark files and the checksum of the result file itself and then packaged it as result submit, when our server receives it and verifies that the checksums are valid, they fail the validation.

Theoretical causes that come to mind are:

- Benchmark files are corrupted or modified
    - Submitted result file getting corrupted in transit when uploaded to online result system
    - During the calculation of the checksums on your system, something is corrupting the calculation. Either there is disk corruption, memory corruption or processor is somehow unstable (even a single bit flipped would trigger invalid checksum)
    - The operating system is somehow messed up (virus? OS file corruption?) and it somehow shows up as corrupted checksum in the results

We get thousands and thousands of submits every day and submits that trigger this specific error are extremely rare and, in our experience, almost always due to the benchmarked system being somehow unstable.

Well, what we can see from our end from the submit you sent is that when benchmark calculated the checksums of all benchmark files and the checksum of the result file itself and then packaged it as result submit, when our server receives it and verifies that the checksums are valid, they fail the validation.

Theoretical causes that come to mind are:

- Benchmark files are corrupted or modified
    - Submitted result file getting corrupted in transit when uploaded to online result system
    - During the calculation of the checksums on your system, something is corrupting the calculation. Either there is disk corruption, memory corruption or processor is somehow unstable (even a single bit flipped would trigger invalid checksum)
    - The operating system is somehow messed up (virus? OS file corruption?) and it somehow shows up as corrupted checksum in the results

We get thousands and thousands of submits every day and submits that trigger this specific error are extremely rare and, in our experience, almost always due to the benchmarked system being somehow unstable.
    I have nothing overklocked. Neither the cpu nor the memory. All is at their default BIOS settings in the BIOS. Neither do i have a router in the end so that can be exluded out. I disabled the AV and anything that could hinder the score somehow. It always works (submit the scores) once after a fresh reinstall of pcmark 7. If i try to run anything a second time they get corrupted.

This is a fault in the program not my system.
    Last edited by dj christian; February 19, 2012 at 16:48.