Workload work failed with error message: Process exited unexpectedly

I've tried searching and CANNOT find a solution for this error "Workload work failed with error message: Process exited unexpectedly"

I am running a 2500K, SLI 560Ti's and win 7 ultimate 64 bit

I have all the optional and necessary upgrades, windows is genuine, any widgets or background monitoring tasks are all closed as well. I load it up and sometimes it loads the test but hangs and never loads or it just goes to a black screen. Windows did pop up and say "A program caused 3DMARK 11 GUI to stop working" but I don't know what I need to do to fix that error. I'm lost, been trying off and on to run this for months with no luck. I am also currently running the latest Nvidia drivers, the WHQL ones.

Re: Workload work failed with error message: Process exited unexpectedly

little update. I finally for the 1st time got the benchmarks to run. After trying everything to exhaustion and rolling back my drivers did it finally work. Than it hung on the combined test and I had to exit out. Than I realized that it was running on only one card, not SLI. Tried it again with no luck, put CPU at stock clock and SLI with no luck. Re-overclocked CPU (underclocked for me) at 4.2ghz and still no luck with one card or SLI. 3DMark just apparently hates me.

Futuremark Staff

Sorry, but that sounds like a system stability issue of some sort. "Process exited unexpectedly" is a perfectly ordinary crash that happens due to hardware throwing a fit.

Unfortunately I cannot offer comprehensive hardware troubleshooting online as it would require physical access to the system and replacement parts to test out which part is giving the trouble. Since 3DMark 11 places very heavy stress on the system, I guess I would start looking into it by simplifying things;

- If you physically remove one of the cards from the system (therefore reducing power requirements and removing SLI from the equation), does the benchmark work?

If it does, you either have too weak power supply or motherboard/video card issue that turns up with 2 cards. You could also swap the cards and test each single card alone - if one works and one doesn't, you found your faulty video card...

Quote Originally posted by Jarnis View Post
    Sorry, but that sounds like a system stability issue of some sort. "Process exited unexpectedly" is a perfectly ordinary crash that happens due to hardware throwing a fit.

Unfortunately I cannot offer comprehensive hardware troubleshooting online as it would require physical access to the system and replacement parts to test out which part is giving the trouble. Since 3DMark 11 places very heavy stress on the system, I guess I would start looking into it by simplifying things;

- If you physically remove one of the cards from the system (therefore reducing power requirements and removing SLI from the equation), does the benchmark work?

If it does, you either have too weak power supply or motherboard/video card issue that turns up with 2 cards. You could also swap the cards and test each single card alone - if one works and one doesn't, you found your faulty video card...

I will try that...it's weird that no issues have cropped up running any other benchmarks, stress tests or while running games. But I can definitely narrow it down that it's not the PSU because it's brand new and 950watts, so it's probably 200w worth of overkill. It's not my board as it's branded to run in x8/x8 with SLI. It's a brand new system, it may be one of the cards, I will try and see if maybe that's the issue and get it RMA'ed.

Quote Originally posted by Jarnis View Post

I've chalked it down to your program just hating my PC. I know my CPU is fine, it's brand new and it has no issues whatsoever on any stress test or running any games, programs or windows. It's not my PSU as it probably about 200w of overkill, because it's 950watt, it's a corsair so it's a good brand as well. I removed one card and tried and got it to load and than it freezes on the first test. I tried again several times and kept getting the same "workload work failed" error. I tried my 2nd 560 and I get the same problem. I separately ran a few games on both cards by themselves, no problems with artifacting, overheating or performance. Everything, everything runs absolutely fine on my system but your program. At this point, I kind of just give up. I can't narrow down a hardware issue of any kind that would keep me from running your program. I guess if you have any other advice, I'd love to try it. I can't RMA a card or cards due to not running a program, because they're fine otherwise.