Re: Firefox 6 is out

Firefox 5 told me time to update to 6th version updated running all well, most customizable browser cant argue that

Junior Proxycon Emperor

In every browser I ask how people use chrome when there's no proper adblock (plus) but people never answer

Junior Proxycon Emperor

Still slow to load, still sluggish doing anything, still need to restart after installing addons. So what's changed exactly?

I used to love FF too, sad really, it was way ahead of everything else at one time.

Junior Proxycon Emperor

Quote Originally posted by kinkyafro View Post
    Still slow to load, still sluggish doing anything, still need to restart after installing addons. So what's changed exactly?

I used to love FF too, sad really, it was way ahead of everything else at one time.
    Right.. While Chrome does indeed feel snappier, firefox is nowhere near "slow, and sluggish" for me.
    And restarting takes 1 second.
    At least firefox's extensions have a proper option menu

Junior Proxycon Emperor

Quote Originally posted by DuranXL View Post
    Chrome does indeed feel snappier
    And that's what matters.

When FF stops being shite I shall move back over without hesitation, but for now it's just not good enough.

Not sure what you're getting at with the option menus, the extensions I use all have menus.

Junior Proxycon Emperor

Quote Originally posted by kinkyafro View Post
    And that's what matters.

When FF stops being shite I shall move back over without hesitation, but for now it's just not good enough.

Not sure what you're getting at with the option menus, the extensions I use all have menus.
    Proper options, now it looks like some noob made it in 5min.
    But most importantly, I get WAY more ads and flash-ads with chrome with THE SAME easylist.

Oh, and the awesome bar in Chrome is subpar IMO. I.e. I used to visit the notebookreview dell studio XPS forums. Firefox understood that I wanted to go here when I typed "XPS". Chrome does not.

the only time i notice FF being slower than chrome is on startup where it takes a couple of seconds longer. thankfully, I'm quite able to wait 2 seconds without going crazy.

i just don't like the chrome interface or the lack of options and customisation. it is very much bare bones. additionally it does all these aggressive preloads in the background unless you tell it not to and it is useless for adblocking etc. it most definetly tracks far more personal information than any other browser too and if you don't know what you are doing, the cache folder can grow to gigantic proportions.

as for memory usage i don't see this as a problem. my FF never uses much more than a few hundred megs even with tons of stuff open. this might have been a problem when everyone had 512megs total system ram but not now. i mean, seriously, you guys probably have several gigabytes of ram available at any one time - what is the problem here?

Junior Proxycon Emperor

I shouldn't need to buy a new laptop to run FF. Chrome runs far better on older tech.

Firefox 6 FTW! I've used Opera, Chrome... came back to Firefox you just cant customize any browser as much as FF!

Administrator
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
      • Motherboard BIOS:
      • Chipset:
      • Intel P67 (B3)
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 2600K
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • Stock
      • CPU Cooler:
      • Corsair H50
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB
      • Memory Speed:
      • 1600 Mhz
      • Video Card(s):
      • Zotac GTX680
      • Video Card Speed:
      • Stock
      • Sound Card:
      • Soundblaster Z
      • PSU:
      • CM SilentProM 1000
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • 840 Pro + RevoDrive X2
      • Optical Drives:
      • LG Bluray/HD-DVD Combo
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 x64

Quote Originally posted by DuranXL View Post
    In every browser I ask how people use chrome when there's no proper adblock (plus) but people never answer
    Yes we do, you just choose to ignore it.
    Here are the adblocks for Chrome. I use this Adblock.