+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master Proxycon Emperor

UPS Question - how long does it take to update tracking info??

So, i have a package that is being shipped to me overnight. I put the info in, and get the response:
    Unable to track shipment "...XXX...".

UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.

So, i called the UPS number, and they said that i should call the sender immediately, to make sure they have shipped it. Now see, that makes no sense - how could they have a tracking # if they didn't ship it???

Now, the sender told me when i first got the number, that "ups #s are not valid till later on in the night".. is this true? Am i freaking out for nothing right now? Could it really take that long to get "into the system"?? Anybody with experience, please chime in, because i am really worried...

Emperor Apprentice

Re: UPS Question - how long does it take to update tracking info??

Well, it sometimes takes them up to 12 hours to even list the package on their website. I prefer DHL or Fedex for long distance shipments. And the people answering the phone only have the same information you have on the website. At least thats what a guy told me.

Master Proxycon Emperor

So this kind of delay may be ok then? I prefer FedEx myself, but this wasn't my choice, so i am kind of SOL...

Super Moderator
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • ASUS N53SV-DH51
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 2430M
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Memory Speed:
      • DDR3 1333
      • Video Card(s):
      • GT 540M
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • 160GB Intel X25-M G2
      • Optical Drives:
      • BD-ROM
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 HP x64

Yeah, it usually takes a while to update it online. By 7am tomorrow it should all be there.

Master Proxycon Emperor

Quote Originally posted by Dolfan269
    Yeah, it usually takes a while to update it online. By 7am tomorrow it should all be there.
    Funny, since it is "guaranteed" by 10:30AM...[rofl]
    But if you guys say its normal, i will stop freaking out as much for now... god, this is why i prefer FedEx..

Senior Firefly

Quote Originally posted by Divine_Madcat
    Funny, since it is "guaranteed" by 10:30AM...[rofl]
    But if you guys say its normal, i will stop freaking out as much for now... god, this is why i prefer FedEx..
    Yeah don't get your panties in a bunch. I have had stuff delivered several times before it ever makes it onto the UPS tracker.

Senior Firefly

lol yea its normal man

ive had it not go on the web site until after i have it in my hands (for overnight)

Master Proxycon Emperor

Quote Originally posted by mrshadow510
    lol yea its normal man

ive had it not go on the web site until after i have it in my hands (for overnight)
    Good enough! I guess i can breath easier...

Quote Originally posted by Valhalla
    Yeah don't get your panties in a bunch. I have had stuff delivered several times before it ever makes it onto the UPS tracker.
    Yeah, but if this were fake, it would mean i was out a laptop, which would really really suck...

Veteran Firefly

Even if it recieves a tracking number the same day, the item may not ship until the next morning. THis may happen if you drop off a package for 'overnight' shipping at a UPS location. They'll give you a sticker and all but if it's late int he day, the last UPS truck may have already come and gone. The tracking number may not appear in the system until they actually scan it in at the warehouse. That's been my expernience at least. That or maybe he typed it in wrong.

Master Proxycon Emperor

Quote Originally posted by voxr3m
    Even if it recieves a tracking number the same day, the item may not ship until the next morning. THis may happen if you drop off a package for 'overnight' shipping at a UPS location. They'll give you a sticker and all but if it's late int he day, the last UPS truck may have already come and gone. The tracking number may not appear in the system until they actually scan it in at the warehouse. That's been my expernience at least. That or maybe he typed it in wrong.
    Nah - it finally showed up in the system, so it is moving now. But damn, i hate UPS. FedEx would have had it instantly... ah well, now to just hope it arrives ok. ;)