+ Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Re: PC Freezes with new Patch 1.1.0

Hey I realize this thread is a bit old, but I had this same problem and none of the mentioned fixes worked for me.
    I have an older system I'm using as an HTPC. Asus M2V-TVM with 4GB DDR2-800, Asus ATI 3870 Graphics Card.
    I tried deleting the cache folder, installing the older version of systeminfo, and running with -nosysteminfo. None of these solutions worked. However, what did work is I downloaded an extension for windows 7 to "take ownership" of a folder. I took owenership of the entire futuremark folder and cache folder, then changed permissions in security settings to allow full control. I then deleted the contents of the cache folder and tried again, it worked! It let me run all tests with no problems. Then I tried to view my score and was told to install the latest systeminfo (4.6). It seems to still be working with 4.6 installed, runs through all the tests and gives no errors, I can even view my scores! So I think this issue all along was Windows not being able to write to the cache folder.
    Last edited by agentshatter; April 23, 2012 at 21:51. Reason: Didn't do a reboot between installations.

Junior Firefly

just noticed the date.. DELETED
    Last edited by GetFunk01; April 24, 2012 at 00:23.

You're right, an old, unresolved issue with a commercial product is not worthy of discussion on a forum.

Futuremark Staff

Does this happen for you also with the latest SystemInfo?

http://www.3dmark.com/support/systeminfo-updates/

Similar problem

I just purchased this from Steam, after deliberating for altogether too long. I installed it, and restarted my computer to be safe. First launch, it loads up the Jane thing, gets to "Loading shaders" and hangs for a good few minutes. I attempt to ctrl-alt-del it, and the screen just goes black. I wait another few minutes. I am forced to restart. I uninstall and reinstall the program, this time to the main hard disk, and try again. This time it fails, telling me that it had an access error, the same as the one reported on page 2 or 3 in this thread. UAC is off completely, and I JUST downloaded the program. Now, it either crashes before it even starts the loading screen, or crashes during the loading screen, and gives me the access permission error.

What's worse, if I leave the program open too long after the error pops up, the entire computer freezes up. Sound stops and stutters over the last moment, and all visual feedback is stopped. The mouse can move, and I can even open and close programs, but doing many things, such as even touching a single key on my keyboard, puts the computer into a full-on freeze. If I close the error quickly and shut down 3dMark, this doesn't happen. But it does happen EVERY time I let it sit there.

Futuremark Staff
    Quote Originally posted by madcat1030 View Post
    I just purchased this from Steam, after deliberating for altogether too long. I installed it, and restarted my computer to be safe. First launch, it loads up the Jane thing, gets to "Loading shaders" and hangs for a good few minutes. I attempt to ctrl-alt-del it, and the screen just goes black. I wait another few minutes. I am forced to restart. I uninstall and reinstall the program, this time to the main hard disk, and try again. This time it fails, telling me that it had an access error, the same as the one reported on page 2 or 3 in this thread. UAC is off completely, and I JUST downloaded the program. Now, it either crashes before it even starts the loading screen, or crashes during the loading screen, and gives me the access permission error.

What's worse, if I leave the program open too long after the error pops up, the entire computer freezes up. Sound stops and stutters over the last moment, and all visual feedback is stopped. The mouse can move, and I can even open and close programs, but doing many things, such as even touching a single key on my keyboard, puts the computer into a full-on freeze. If I close the error quickly and shut down 3dMark, this doesn't happen. But it does happen EVERY time I let it sit there.
    Could you describe your hardware and detail any programs you may have running in the background.

Intel i7 @ 2.7 ghz (the overclock I had done seems to have reverted, it was ocd to 3.3,but that's beside the point)
    6gb ram
    Dx 11......... Oh my fffffffffffffff. There's the problem, I'm an idiot. For the longest time, my computer kept saying it couldn't do dx11 on account of he gtx285 gpu, but apparently it updated anyway.

Looks like I have the wrong version. Dangit.

So apparently my last post didn't go through. I listed out all my specs before I came to a derptastic realization... I'm running dx11, even though for the past two years, my computer has said it isn't dx11 compatible due to the gtx285 gpu...

So hip hip hooray, I purchased the wrong version. If only I could just pass it to my sister... But w/e, I bought it on steam. Looks like that was a mistake, heh.

In case that doesn't fully account for this problem, here are my specs:
    Intel i7 @ 2.7 ghz ( the overclock I had done seems to have reverted reverted, but that's beside the point)
    6gb ram
    Dx 11
    Nvidia gtx285 2gb
    Latest drivers (updated yesterday after much deliberation)
    2 monitors, primary resolution 1440x900.
    Last edited by madcat1030; October 18, 2012 at 17:04.

Futuremark Staff
    GTX285 is a DX10 video card. It cannot run 3DMark 11. So 3DMark Vantage is correct in that regard.

Many apologies for the quadruple post. On my phone, didn't see the alert about awaiting approval.

So, that's what I thought, regarding my gpu and dx... Dunno why dxdiag says dx11...