+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: New PcMark Vantage or a major Update?

Quote Originally posted by Jarnis View Post
    I mean getting hardware configuration listings from other people who have reportedly had this issue. If we'd know the details on system config from, say, 5-10 different people who reportedly have the same issue, it would be fairly easy to spot what's common among them. We unfortunately do not have identical Opteron CPU in house but have tested on a single core Athlon64-based config without being able to reproduce the issue.
    Just curious, what's the link to the single core Athlon64-based configuration you guys have tested?

I have four socket 939 processors that consist of semprons and athlons and I have over ten socket 754 processors that also consist of athlons and semprons. I haven't tested them all yet but the half a dozen or so that I have tested all have the same problem.

During "Gaming test 1" the screen goes black right aftter the two fireflies exit the tree trunk. I know from testing on newer systems the screen should not go blank there. But in every test I have done so far the with older systems the screen goes blank at that spot and every once in a while (1 out of every 50 or so) the test will complete even though the screen goes blank. I'm guessing the scores that do complete are bugged runs ???

Anyway, maybe the minimum system requirements should be updated. Just tested this: http://3dmark.com/pcmv/420386 and again I only got one successful run out of 10 this time. Chances are I can run it another 10 times and it wont complete again.

Vas
    Last edited by vasgto; May 28, 2011 at 21:55. Reason: Clarification

I had the same issue recently, used a few Athlon singlecore AM2 CPUs on a DFI 790FX/SB750 board. Then I used a ssssssssssssssslow dual core, and everything was fine. I'd love to not run a benchmark 50 times just to get a score at stock!

Your last advice was of great help, maybe you got something for me this time as well. Hotfix installed!

Swapped to HD4890, latest driver, and still not working.

I am having the same issue with PCMark Vantage Gaming Test 1 Firefly and Athlon 64 3500+ Orleans + Asus M4A79 Deluxe. Tried latest drivers, HD 5850, HD 6990, GTX 580, GTX 285, latest sysinfo4.0 and 4.2, no luck.

[surrender]

Help
    Last edited by Christian Ney; November 7, 2011 at 19:44.

Futuremark Staff

This is a known issue specific to single core AMD CPUs. I have no idea if/when there will be a patch.

Quote Originally posted by Jarnis View Post
    This is a known issue specific to single core AMD CPUs. I have no idea if/when there will be a patch.
    I guess I have to report s754/s939/AM2/AM2+/AM3 benchmarking/overclocking to later.

If you need any info, log file or whatever, feel free to ask

Any news ?

btw, saw that it's also same for Intel Core Solo cpus, same error, the bench stop after GPU Gaming test

Same issue also with Celeron M 410 and Celeron M 420

Does it helps if I say that (at least for the Intel Celeron M ones) PCM Vantage works using windows 7 x64 but not on x86`?