3DMark03 setup & hotifx - is it really necessary or already included in installer?

Hi!

When downloading 3DMark setup from Futuremark website, the latest version already comes patched or do we always need to download and apply the 03' patch file?

Also, where can one see build versions on 3DMark, only says version. No build info, or am i wrong?

[help]

Administrator
    • Computer Specs
      • Motherboard or Laptop:
      • ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
      • Motherboard BIOS:
      • Chipset:
      • Intel P67 (B3)
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 2600K
      • CPU Overclock Speed:
      • Stock
      • CPU Cooler:
      • Corsair H50
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB
      • Memory Speed:
      • 1600 Mhz
      • Video Card(s):
      • Zotac GTX680
      • Video Card Speed:
      • Stock
      • Sound Card:
      • Soundblaster Z
      • PSU:
      • CM SilentProM 1000
      • Hard Drive(s):
      • 840 Pro + RevoDrive X2
      • Optical Drives:
      • LG Bluray/HD-DVD Combo
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 x64

Re: 3DMark03 setup & hotifx - is it really necessary or already included in installer

Quote Originally posted by Looney Max View Post
    Hi!

When downloading 3DMark setup from Futuremark website, the latest version already comes patched or do we always need to download and apply the 03' patch file?

Also, where can one see build versions on 3DMark, only says version. No build info, or am i wrong?

[help]
    It all depends when you downloaded it, but at the top of the 3DMark Download Page it tells you the build version that is currently available. So for 3DMark03, it currently says for full version "3DMarkŪ03 Free Version (Build 3.6.0) Full Install Download", which is the latest patch. Simply check that the Build version corresponds to the Patch Build version and you're set [yes]

Re: 3DMark03 setup & hotifx - is it really necessary or already included in installer

Thanks for you answer!

[thumbup]

I got doubts because even after installing the full version, the patch still installs as if it is indeed updating something... It should have some version checker thingy to warn when trying to update a program that already is up to date!

Futuremark Staff

Quote Originally posted by Looney Max View Post
    Thanks for you answer!

[thumbup]

I got doubts because even after installing the full version, the patch still installs as if it is indeed updating something... It should have some version checker thingy to warn when trying to update a program that already is up to date!

It updates blindly - if it was already up-to-date, it effectively does nothing. No harm done.