+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

in need of a .txt dictionary/bruteforce file

hey guys iv been looking for over an houre now to see if i can find owt as good as what i use to have but i can't get the file no more . im in need of a dictionary file for doing a brute force password crack on a harddrive a friend has managed to forget his password.

any one have any ideas where i could find a file ??

cheers creaven

Veteran Onion

Re: in need of a .txt dictionary/bruteforce file

What password did he forget? His Windows password?

Edit: ntchangepass
    Last edited by idchoppers; August 19, 2009 at 19:46.

his windows admin password and the one thats also apart of all his network lol hes managed to compleatly lock him self out of evry thing hes also got a harddrive encripton set so they also need the passwords

one word for him NOOB lols

Veteran Onion

Quote Originally posted by djcreaven View Post
    his windows admin password and the one thats also apart of all his network lol hes managed to compleatly lock him self out of evry thing hes also got a harddrive encripton set so they also need the passwords

one word for him NOOB lols
    He has encryption set AND he lost his password /facepalm.

yeh basicaly hes been away for a few month's and forgot what he set it as

Emperor Apprentice

Well, a generic file is going to be big and take lots and lots of time...

Why not get a dictionary generator so that you can tailor a custom dictionary to the password parameters allowed by the hard drive? Some will even take a set of commonly used passwords from the user and generate potential deviations from that.

Then, you have two options... l0phtcrack (it still floats around) to crack open his system password(s), or brute force it with a rainbow table.

Junior Proxycon Emperor

Quote Originally posted by kinkyafro View Post
    i could use a rainbow tabel to do brute force but my friend is no idiot he has now turned the room up side down serching for his file with all the passwords wrote down in there
    hes used a hexidecimil password at around 512 kb encription levels that is all he can remember hexidecimil for thoes who do not know is number's letter's and symbolic shure you all know that any way !

as i say im using a different pc to basicaly hack into his server
    im using linux i have all the softwear needed to do it but im missing my dictionary file
    thats all i need and with the softwear i use i should be in his drives and have his passwords within an houre. also i have been asked to test my works wifi security out and see how easy it is to gain access through it so it would be handy as well to use with airhack-ng

Junior Proxycon Emperor

That cracked a password for me in 10 mins, 11 chars, upper & lower case, numbers & symbols. Worth a shot.

Emperor Apprentice

Well, you call you friend a newb, but...

1. You can't find a dictionary... Mainly because most people generate them on an as-needed basis, tailored to their purpose/target. Dictionary Generator. Look it up, they've been around since the 80s. You're using linux with your 31337 hax0ring wares, but you don't know how to get a dictionary file?

2. Rainbow Tables are an EXTREMELY efficient method of brute force cracking... If you think an app going 1 line at a time through a dictionary file is great for brute-force cracking, you're kidding yourself. Especially if you think you're going to go through his uber-passwords of unknown length in under an hour. Have you been watching The Net, Hackers and the like recently?

3. Hexadecimal means that it is in Base16 notation. You essentially said your friend only uses 1234567890abcdef to compose his passwords. What you described as "hexadecimal" means he uses extended-ascii (symbols & special characters) within his passwords.

4. I hope your work isn't paying you based on what you've been telling them... Considering you don't even know the name of the tool you're planning to use, either. Are you even sure aircrack-ng will work with your wireless adapter? [rolleyes]

TBH, you sound like a script kiddie who's watched too many movies... Just please be courteous enough to go learn what you're trying to talk about rather than DDoS MO/FM like the last one did...
    Last edited by Lord_Micron; August 19, 2009 at 22:44.