Hardware was not detected.

I was trying to run the Game-O-Meter to see my computer specs compared to what's needed for Fallout 3. I already know I can run it but I was just curious. Anyway, it gave me the "Either your hardware is too new..." message and I just wanted to post my system specs to see if they can be added to the system?

Not sure if the Scan ID # is the number I see after "sysInfoId=" in the URL bar after I do the test but if it is, the number I get is "1896239". I don't know if that's what you would need to look up my system or something else so here are my system specs just in case:

Core 2 Duo E8600
    4GB Ram
    GTS 250 1GB
    Windows Vista x64 Ultimate SP1

Let me know if this is enough information or not. Thanks. Good work on the making and maintaining this site, by the way. :)

Re: Hardware was not detected.

Sorry to bother, but still not having any luck getting the Game-O-Meter to work for me. Here is the link to last one I tried - http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10321/?gameId=10321&sysInfoId=1906354. It was for Wanted: Weapons of Fate and sadly I'm still getting the "Either your hardware is too new, too old or too rare - we don't know enough of it to give an accurate estimation. Sorry." message.

Anyway I can fix this or I'm out of luck? Thanks for any help.

Futuremark Staff

The problem is that GTS250 is a very new graphics card and there was initially some problems detecting it correctly. We should have estimates for it soon - hopefully within the next week or so.

Hi. I just wanted to ask what the progress is on detecting the GTS 250 on the Game-O-Meter. Hope it'll be added soon. Thanks for any help.

Futuremark Staff

Quote Originally posted by Prizm View Post
    Hi. I just wanted to ask what the progress is on detecting the GTS 250 on the Game-O-Meter. Hope it'll be added soon. Thanks for any help.
    Should be fixed next week.

Sorry, I just wanted to ask if there is any word on when the GTS 250 card will be added to the system? I tried running the Game-O-Meter again and I'm getting the same error message as before so I'm guessing it's still the video card not being detected. In case it isn't that then here is the link to the last test I tried to run - http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10339/?gameId=10339&sysInfoId=2042758. Thanks again for any input. :)

Futuremark Staff

Quote Originally posted by Prizm View Post
    Sorry, I just wanted to ask if there is any word on when the GTS 250 card will be added to the system? I tried running the Game-O-Meter again and I'm getting the same error message as before so I'm guessing it's still the video card not being detected. In case it isn't that then here is the link to the last test I tried to run - http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10339/?gameId=10339&sysInfoId=2042758. Thanks again for any input. :)
    I'll check on this today. Apologies. There seems to be some persistent issue with the whole GTS250/9800GTX mess-up... "thanks" go to NVIDIA for selling the exact same graphics chip with two different names...

Figured I'd check in to see if there's any progress with the GTS 250 cards being recognized by Game-O-Meter. No luck still on me end, sadly. :(

Here's a link to the last test I tried - http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10307/?gameId=10307&sysInfoId=2132368. Hope it'll be added soon. :)

Futuremark Staff

There will be a whole new version of Game-o-Meter soon which should hopefully resolve all these issues. Any outstanding individual problems probably won't be resolved until then. Apologies - it is just not practical to use developer time to repair bits that are already repaired in the upcoming overhaul.

Anyone having issues on Firefox - we've noticed that in some cases current GoM fails to run on Firefox but it does work on Internet Explorer. Not exactly sure what is the root cause, but this too will be taken care of by the new version.